Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Variations.....

C. S. Special....Dark
Sometimes when I'm just about done tying flies for the night I like to experiment a little.  Most of the time this simply amounts to tying a variation of one of my favorite flies.  Today's post follows along those lines.  I have a few sakasa kebari that I really like such as my Royal Sakasa Kebari and my olive Bubble Kebari.  However, I have a newer fly that I plan to fish pretty hard this year....the C.S.Special.  A while back Chris "TenkaraBum" Stewart sent me some of his Shetland Spindrift "Nymph Yarn" and I thought to put it to good use.  So pictured above is a variation of the C.S.Special using just the dark strand of the nymph yarn (the nymph yarn contains two strands, a brown and charcoal black one). For anyone interested, I'll post the recipe on the fly box page soon.

C.S.Specials...original and dark version

2 comments:

  1. Those would have killed them today.
    Nice flies.
    I fished one your patterns today, don't ask me which one though. Hooked a well proportioned brown that took me and the 2wt into a root jam then broke off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brk Trt! I'm always happy to hear that a fly I tied has worked for another angler. If you want a replacement fly just let me know. I'm looking forward to fishing the one pictured above.

    ReplyDelete