Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday Morning

The Millpond with some residents just enjoying the early morning sun.
 Sunday morning, nothing crazy , just a little fishing at the local millpond for some bass and bluegill.  More importantly it's some time to relax and let the stress of the week drain away.  Just a tenkara rod and a size 10 Killer Bug was all I needed to enjoy my morning.

First Bass of the morning
The bulk of my catch in any trip to the pond consist of  these bluegill
Mountain laurel in the morning sun
A closer view of mountain laurel
As with any trip to the pond, especially one this successful and peaceful I always have to make "one last cast".  My last cast for the day landed this respectable largemouth bass at 16".  In my opinion, a very nice way to wrap of my visit.

My Killer Bug was apparently not too insignificant for this guy to inhale

2 comments:

  1. Sunday morn, and life is easy. I'm glad you were able to take advantage.
    Nice bass on such light tackle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brk Trt...It was definitely a heart pounding 30 seconds on the last bass. The great thing about tenkara is you really have to play a fish this size carefully or you will lose it. On a spin rod I could have just "muscled" him in.

    ReplyDelete