Monday, March 11, 2013

Suggestions? (Update: This fly will be known as the Glowing Specter Sakasa Kebari, 3/18/13)



I think one of the coolest things about coming up with new and different flies is giving them names. However, sometimes I have a little trouble coming up with something "catchy." In the past I have turned to other anglers and bloggers for some suggestions. I need to do the same with this sakasa kebari.  To be honest I'm not even sure if this one has even been tied before.  It's a simple tie consisting of only a grey Hungarian partridge hackle and an iridescent thread (veevus, iridescent).  What I think is cool about this fly (even though it's not very evident in the photo) is the various colors embedded in the thread.  As you move the fly around reds, yellows, blues, greens and other colors pop out. I'm hoping it will catch the attention of some trout. What it needs is a name and that's where any readers come in.  I will take any suggestions till this weekend. On Sunday I will pick the one I like the best and the winner will get a half dozen. The last time I did this I received some very creative names and I'm looking forward to what you guys come up with this time around.

5 comments:

  1. nice and interesting looking fly. How about "the spectre"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well guys, I was hoping for a few more suggestions to choose from but since only two of you responded I'm going to use BOTH of your suggestions. I'm going to call this fly the "Glowing Spectre Sakasa Kebari" Both of you will get a half dozen each of these flies. Karel...I believe I still have your address somewhere. Gerardo...e-mail me your address and I will get a half dozen out to you as well. thanks very much guys for your suggestions and I hope you will enjoy the flies.

    ReplyDelete