Thursday, March 24, 2011

The One That Should Have Gotten Away


"Large"mouth Bass
 Even my (then 4 yr old) daughter laughed at me........The Outdoor Blogger Network recently posted an outdoor photo prompt request for the most un-frame worthy photo that you would have.  Well, here is mine.  Early in the season last summer I was fishing at one of my favorite local ponds when I did battle with this monster.  He damn near pulled me over the bridge and into the water....well, actually it was more like I happen to notice something on the end of my line before my next cast.  The only reason I took the picture was because I didn't think anyone would believe me when I told them how SMALL the bass was.  You may notice the spinner hanging from his mouth is actually a Mepps size #0.  As much as I would have loved to mount this guy above the fireplace, I let him go.  I figure in about 7-8 years he'll be ready.  So there you have it, please try and get the laughing out of your system before my next post.  (The worst part is that I actually caught another even smaller later in the season on a fly....Someone up there really has some sense of humor.)

3 comments:

  1. He may be small, but just look at those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect size for the home fish tank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time I won't look a gift horse in the mouth...I'll use him for bait.

    ReplyDelete