Monday, April 6, 2015

When Is Fishing Without Catching A Fish Not A Bust?


Being skunked on a fishing trip is usually a bit of a let down, especially when you have waited more than five months through a long winter to go fishing for the first time.


However, I have come to the conclusion that an outing fishing (without catching a fish) with my kids and wife can be a success without bringing a single fish to hand.


As much as I would have enjoyed seeing them squealing with delight with a trout dangling from the line I would not trade the time spent with them for all the fish in the pond!

6 comments:

  1. The best of times my friend.
    They go quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are indeed. I guess well just have to go more often to make them last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed - treasure these days! They don't last forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I know to enjoy them they still seem to go too fast.

      Delete
  4. Smiles are way more important than fish. Looks like you caught a ton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Mike. When kids and wife are happy you're happy. Only had a couple of frowns because of missed strikes....but a promise of "we'll get 'em next time" is all that's needed to make them smile.

      Delete